Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ready to Ramble?

Goose went out Wed evening hoping to do a little rambling. His elbow looks a lot better, not sure what is up with his knee and calf - it has been swollen. He got there just in time to as he put it "take a leak" and head out. He tried to pull through, somebody fell off a bit and tried to help them back on. When the cows turned the corner and put the hammer down, he knew he was done. Egg yelled at him to get back on, but he knew he was done. He didn't seem too down about it, he knew he has lost some of "it" through this infection and not being able to train.

Goose actually lasted longer than I thought. I had dinner ready about 45 minutes earlier than he was home. That is a good thing! I was glad he was able to go out and at least try - he needs that bull bonding every now and then (hehe).

I must admit I am getting a little nervous - September is coming quicker than I would like. His training isn't on schedule now - I will do everything I can do to help get his training back where it needs to be for the Team USA qualifications in September.

It seems that ultimately it is out of our hands - but I know Goose he won't quit trying (and I really wouldn't have it any other way!)

3 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Goose will be fine and this will be incentive to stay focused and motivated!!

He's got the goods!!

He rode well and keep up the good work Jeff!

Noose and Goose said...

Thanks Craig - he needs your motivation - now if we can just figure out what is up with the swelling in his knee and calf!

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

That sucks and let's hope it goes away!!

STAY POSITIVE GOOSE!