Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hot Night for a Duathlon

Jeff has decided to add into his training schedule a couple of duathlon races. Last night we ventured down to a spot he has raced in the past. It was a little warmer than it seemed but there was a great crowd out for the last one of this series. The first run I was afraid he might have gone out a little fast, but after talking to him, he was very happy with the first run.
He was in the top 5 coming in off the run and actually surprised me with his transition time. He was smiling as he was heading out on the bike. I know how long it should take him on the bike, but standing around, time drags on forever!! I did have a 70 yr old lady keep me company, she was very amusing and did help the time pass.
After the first loop on the run, Jeff actually look great. I can usually tell by his running style on how he feels. I didn't see the "shuffle" or "lean" so I knew he still felt well.
His typical look at the finish line - actually I have a couple other photos, but decided not to post those :-) The look on his face for those photos is priceless!
We talked on the way home about the race. He was thrilled with all 3 events, was happy with his times. We thought he came in 2nd overall, but you always hate to say anything until you see it in writing. But, yep - 2nd Overall. Looking at his posted times and transitions, I am thrilled. Even though he is a year older, his times are still where they should be.
I didn't realize how much I have missed the duathlon races - now we will be looking for more to do. It is too late in the summer to look for primers for qualifying for anything "big" - but this December - google search will get a workout!
Very proud of you

No comments: