Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Day 3 and Home

On Tues they rode to Mt Mitchell. Jeff said they all started together (duh!) and after a few miles separated. At 1 a.m. this morning he was trying to explain to me how beautiful the mountains were and he was able to do a lot of "soul searching". I think the beauty of the land tends to bring your soul to the forefront of life. He said he had a great ride, at night after riding they did "guy" stuff - I know they played some pool. I think Jeff really enjoyed his trip, they accomplished what they went for, but also at night left their day's ride in the mountains.

I am glad he is home - now he can get up every 2 hours with the dog (haha). I am sure in the next few days, more and more will come out about the cycling. He did share a funny story about Ezo - I am still chuckling about it. If you read this Ezo - you know the Secret Service was circling in helicopters on Tuesday - and I thought they were checking out the schools! Little did I know what an artist you were!

Well as we move on, looking forward to 3 State/3 Mountain. It will be a fun trip - I think the mountains contain more answers than we think - sometimes you just have to be alone and hear what they tell you.

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Way to go Jeff. Suffering makes it all worth it!!

Proud of ya Gramps!! :0

Want to ride another 50?

Do ya??