Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday

After missing 2 days of riding, I was happy to get out. Wanted to ride this morning before the rains set 9n (again). I headed out, not sure what route, but knew it would be the normal start. Winds of the direction that I love - which means a tail wind (or at least no head wind) heading home.

While on Peters Road I saw two bike ahead of me, so you know you have to try to catch up with them. I finally got behind them (which was cool cause the wind was coming from the SSW) and they were a "little" larger men. I sat behind them as long as I could, but needed to keep my mph up so I passed them. After turning on Jackson, I always stop at Jackson and Frederick Pike. I can't see around the trees and just feel safer stopping (and yes unclipping). My thought was I needed to get back on and keep riding, I certainly didn't want those guys to catch me.

Heading down Frederick, traffic wasn't too bad. Had something behind me that was passing, just sorta next to me. After Sunday, I was a little leery of looking over, but I saw it was a white truck and thought no way - it can't be Egg - yup it was. He stayed behind me, I think he had a cow prod out because all of a sudden, I felt good on the bike. We stopped at the 4 way and chatted for a minute. He asked if I was doing Antioch School - yes - but I decided to shake thing up and add in a few more miles.

With the new loop I added in I was just shy of 30 miles. I was thrilled - thanks Egg for the extra energy/motivation I got from you.

Today was a fun day on the bike.