Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Fun

Wow what a day - lots of drama with riding (panties vs. boxers). Oh well, I guess we all have different tolerances to pain. I know with age, stuff hurts when you push it, but in the end, we can answer HELL YES it was fun and glad we did it!

Goose ran in the water tonight. Said his knees are feeling much better, his flexibility is much better. Noose walked/jogged 3 miles and then rode 50 minutes of Up Hill Grind. Suffering at the end, but it was sooooooo worth it. We both need to stay on task this year.

Wednesday is the Ramble and yes Goose is ready to RAMBLE! He has the directions with turn offs to get back on if necessary and NO HE WILL NOT QUIT AND TURN HOME (that is for you Egg).

It seems like things are clicking along for us. I know we would not have trained as hard on Sunday if Egg and Crilli would not have come up. It helps to be motivated by others.

Are you having fun yet? I am!!!!!!! No Noose will ever be a good rider (a little late to learn at this age) but she will have fun and feel satisfied with her accomplishments.

I have always been very proud of Goose and everything he has done in the past, to have him praise me for just sitting on the saddle for 2 hours, makes my day! I train for me and that is what is important. I love to watch all the guys ride, I can learn from them,

Train Hard and Smart!

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Keep up the good work Carla. You motivate Jeff just as much ya know.

It's not the speed but the journey. You are doing the right thing and sticking to what you want to do. I wish others would do that but Cycling's not for everyone as Jeff says!!

VENGA G & N!!

Noose and Goose said...

Once again, it all about choices - and I decided to enjoy my journey through life.