Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wednesday Ramble

Hmm - where to start. I called Jeff late afternoon to make sure he would get out of work on time. Yep that was the plan. He called me back about 5:30 and said he was almost at the park. He actually beat Egg! You could tell he was a tad nervous about the ride. He knew it would be really hard, I reminded him he could cut off and get back on, Egg provided directions.

I got busy with what I wanted to get done that night - 30 min warm up to watch the news, 60 min Hillacious, watch the notes and tips and finish off with 30 min easy spin. Looked at the clock and Jeff wasn't home yet - that is a good thing.

He called about 8 saying he was on his way home. My first question was "How long have you been in your truck?" The joke was if you quit the ride, you still had to sit in your truck until everyone was done. Nope, he did finish with one short cut. Guess Crilli gets the award for telling him what sometimes I would love to say - Goose, get your head out of your ass!!!!

Jeff struggled through the ride, but if it were easy, there would be 50 people riding. After a shower and dinner, I asked if he was glad he did it and thank God he said yes.

Just a side note for a future poll question - If Egg asks who barfed on a Ramble Ride, put your money on Goose. He did say at one point he felt like he was going to barf.

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

WAY TO GO JEFF!!

I think it's good for Jeff to finish despite being dropped. If so, he should head to the park, do his run and wait for us to come in.

There's nothing shameful in getting dropped. Like I said, the course is tough and Goose is riding waround some of the best riders around.

Mentally it's tough but it's march and he will see the difference when he races. His cycling should be movin'!!

Keep it up Noose. TRAIN HARD!!