Monday, March 2, 2009

Not That Anybody Cares

except my family! Sunday was a good milestone for me. When Egg and Guru showed up at the house I had no intentions of riding. I was sick, had just taken 2 teaspoons of codeine cough syrup and feeling really sad. Many aren't close to their parents, I was. March 1st 1998 my mother died at home. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I usually take that day every year to feel sorry for myself. Add in this year I was sick, I was so ready to really have a personal pity party for myself. Thanks to Goose, Egg and Guru I wasn't given that opportunity. When Rick said it was good to sweat when you are sick, he didn't realize that is was also good for my soul that day.

OK enough down stuff ---- Guess what - Goose can still blow up a balloon by himself -- with the air from his lungs --- even at his age --- and thrilled AJ!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

We never forget when we lose someone close Noose.Unfortunately, we have to go on and I know your Mom is proud of ya. We live for the ones who pass on to the next life. That's what it's about, LIVIN'!!

You rode great and this coach is proud of you and Jeff. This year is going to be great and thanks for all the great support. You guys are truly what friendship is about. I'm sure someone out there could say, " BLAH BLAH BLAH." but as Goose says, " I DON'T CARE!!"

VENGA!

Noose and Goose said...

Thanks :). And, you are correct about the "blah blah blah" but I don't care either. That is what makes the world go around.