Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Last Couple Of Days,

The last couple of days have been both fun and stressful. The fun part first - Jeff participated in a Duathlon at WPAFB on Tues night and came in 4th. Given he lost to Jeff Coudron, Brian Baker and a kid that I don't know - that was a good duathlon! We met Egg and T-Bolt at Classic afterwards for a delightful dinner - even though Egg wanted to talk about chains and tires vs. what T-Bolt and I were discussing (lol).

Wed Goose met Egg, Rhino, Mthd and Big Tim for the last full course Delight Night Ride. I don't have the full details but I guess Egg and Rhino put on a good battle/show. Goose said they both rode their you know whats off! Guess Big Tim had something happen at work and had to turn around on HIS road. I have never heard/seen Big Tim not complete a ride so I know something was wrong. I hope "it" heals quickly. Goose was really happy with his ride tonight. Said he was able to get on Egg's wheel and hang on.

Our dog had his surgery today. We honestly thought we would have to put him down. He had a very large tumor on his face that the Vet removed - he is a little sleepy tonight, but is alive and will wag his tail if you talk to him.

When I dropped AJ after at school this afternoon I had a mother tell me about the playground time yesterday. I guess some kids from his pre-school were playing with AJ. He was always playing with someone new in the area (his family is from India). Couple of the little ones said something about the other kid having "dark" skin and didn't want to play with him. AJ stayed with his new friend and let the other 2 walk way. Jeff and I along with his parents have really worked hard on teaching him skin color makes no difference - you either like them or you don't - end of conversation. The mother wanted to let me know because she was "concerned" and thought I would like to know. Yes we do want to know so we can say how proud that we are of him. Come on moms, he is 5 and so are your children - color of eyes, hair or skin should not make a difference! OK off my soap box for tonight!

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Props to the Goose!

Major props to AJ!!

Oh yeah, glad thre doggie is ok too! :)