Sunday, August 9, 2009

Really behind

Wow - I am so behind. I think we me riding almost everyday, along with everything else going on in our life right now - this has slipped.

Last couple of weeks have been busy. Mad Cows did their First Annual Zanesfield ride Aug 2, AJ has his second Triathlon Aug 8 and today (9th) was the Mthd's (Ultimate) Mayhem, Today had 26 climbs, I think they went up more than then came down (I know that really isn't possible), It finally got summer hot (today of all days!). They went through lots of water/Gatorade (with very few potty stops - there wasn't much fluid left to get rid of). Everybody was a true team player today - the encouragement given was the ultimate. Today just reaffirmed that there is no "I" in team.

Good job guys! A special thanks to Mthd's family for the excellent food after the ride. It was delicious and much appreciated. Ron did an excellent job on breaking down the ride into segments, made the maps easier to follow (especially the detours I had to take). I asked Jeff on the way home if he would do it again - given how much hard the course was this year over last - he just smiled and said yes.

I will give my take on the ride, all the critters I saw and pictures tomorrow.

No comments: