Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bored

Since, against my will, I have not been able to ride since Friday - I have been really really bored. I was finally able to start one of the books I had ordered - Lance Armstrong's War. I certainly had plenty of time to read on Monday (you don't want my opinion on why), Tuesday I was in a total fog (Goose loved it), had to take it easy on Wed - another good day to just read. Today I finally went out to the falls with Rebecca and AJ. I knew it wouldn't be a fast walk, and after a quick call to the Dr this morning, decided to go anyway. It was fun just being outside - not the same as the bike - but it was outside doing something.

My plan is to try and ride easy on Friday morning and then hopefully things will be back to "normal" (or as much as they can be with me).

Goose obviously rode the Ramble last night - Rambles are always difficult and he was happy to see Big Tim come out. I think he was pleased with his ride, I know he got in some "guy" time after the ride.

Jeff loves the Animal Ride, but with vacations screwing up the Sat schedule, he has to work. I know he is looking forward (or maybe that is me -hehe) to Mthds Mayhem and hopefully he doesn't have to work Battle of the Cows.

He has two races left this year - Lake Loramie and Speedy Feet has added a Fall Belbrook Race (he loves that river - very technical). Partners are lined up and he is ready to finish out the year with two great races.

It seems strange to start thinking about 2009 goals, but tomorrow is Aug 1st. Now sure where the summer has gone, but it has been fun. I love watching the Rambles, Diesel's Adventure and Legbreaker. I have to admit there are times I think you guys are nuts! I have learned a lot from watching and listening to everyone talk about how they ride.

So I guess I have to agree with Egg ---- Every ride is a great ride. For me, it isn't about speed, it is all about me doing it for me.

No comments: