Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Recovery

After looking at the map (no wonder I felt like I was driving in circles) with the elevations - what came to mind was "Damn that looks hard!"

Goose actually recovered better than I thought he would. Usually after a long ride he complains about his back, shoulders, butt, legs (duh) - but he really didn't complain (just didn't talk). He decided to work out at the Y on Monday and said he had a really good workout with weights. Tuesday he met Jeff C. at the lake to trim the boat. He commented for it being his first time, he was very smooth. Goose was very pleased with the canoe and ran a couple of miles after with no pain.

Goose plans on Rambling Wednesday. Should be a fun one (hehe).

Me - I needed to do a fast ride today, so I opted for the shorter route. Didn't feel like riding, but needed to. Decided early on not to bitch about my tiny climbs, just get through them. I can say I cut 3 minutes off my time (10 total since I started that route in June). Must have had some really good bike motivation this weekend!

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

WAY TO GO Carla. KEEP IT UP!!