Friday, August 8, 2008

Total Random Thoughts

Why I Read Blogs:
Well I stated earlier in an email to someone that I read blogs when I was bored, not completely true. Sometimes it is to stall doing something I really need to be doing. Sometimes I am looking for extra motivation for something I want to do. Most of the times it is because I am amazed at the memory that people have. I truly am amazed that you can remember every inch of your ride, what gear you were in, who dropped off an inch, look at a blurred picture and tell exactly what road you were on. Some days I have to turn around at the top of our street - I can't remember if I unplugged the curling iron. The only thing I can tell you about my ride is that I arrived home still breathing.

Planning Ahead:
Last Sunday Craig chuckled at a comment I made about next year and looking forward to it. He said "Carla, It is only August". I am not sure when this happened, but it did. After being very ill after Jeff and I got married and eventually having both of my parents die of cancer, I quit planning/looking forward to things for me. I never had a problem planning races for the following year for Jeff - I knew no matter if I were here or not, Jeff would race. But last Sunday is the first time in a very long time that I can honestly say I am excited and looking forward to something that isn't just next week. I am not sure when my thinking changed, but it doesn't matter - it just feels good!

Procrastination:
That is me now - I really don't want to mow the lawn :). But the sooner I get it done, the sooner I can get Jeff's Take And Bake Pizza from Papa Murphy's and then ride my bike.

2 comments:

Dobovedo said...

Memory: It's a running mental video. Craig's better at it than I am, probably because he's in less oxygen debt and his eyes are less crossed! Here's a trick to how I do it though. I compose my blogs in my head while riding home when there's nothing else to do but pedal. All that's left when I walk in the door is the typing.

Planning Ahead: That is one of the most touching sentiments I've read in a while, Carla. It really made me smile. Thanks for sharing that.

Noose and Goose said...

Dobo - thanks for the hint and letting me know I made you smile.