Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Gall of It All

The week started on such a good note. Goose's legs were "tender" but still there after the TTT. I had ridden T.L. on Friday - legs felt great.

Goose and I have talked about doing the Turkey Trot again this year. I knew we both needed to get out on the road - him running and me walking. Goose was going to lift weights to make the rest of his body hurt and I decided since the day was so beautiful it was time to start my double mint gum workouts. I walked 5 miles and rode Hillacious inside on the trainer. Felt great when I was done. Goose had a really good weight work out also. About 2 in the morning I felt like somebody had slugged me in the stomach. Goose was snoring and on his side, so I knew it wasn't him (lol). Got up at the normal time and OH NO - "it" hit me. I went on over to stay with AJ and "it" got progressively worse through the morning. By lunch time, I called my son-in-law to come home, I really thought I was gonna die. Was able to get into the Dr - with the location and "it" he was sure it involved my gallbladder. Was able to get testing done the next morning at 7 a.m. Dr called this morning and said luckily there are no stones - just inflammation - not a good thing but livable. Bottom line, I feel better - we will watch it and see if it occurs again, then we will discuss what needs to be done.

The sad thing is my thoughts were on not being able to ride for a few weeks - YUCK. Luckily in a couple of days, things should be completely back to normal (or whatever that is for me!)

Goose is running tonight and hopefully daylight will hold out until he gets off the trails.

2 comments:

Dobovedo said...

Hope ya feel better, Noose. See ya at the Trot! [gobble gobble]

Noose and Goose said...

thanks - see ya there - it is a fun morning :)