Sunday, October 19, 2008

TT Day

The Aliens have landed - Goose waiting his turn

Goose road first - gave himself lots of time to rest before the young ones drug him around on the last loop
Goose on Troy Urbana Road by the school - looks good at this point

Jeff Coudron road second - has his Ironman next month in Florida

Now it is time for the TT Master Rhino who road last and have 50 miles of TT

Rhino coming in to tag Goose and Jeff Coudron for the final 25 mile lap

OK - so this picture is for me and my spandex fetish

Rhino leading the herd on Troy Urbana

Diesel, Rhino, Egg and Goose after the race


Wow what a day. Goose wanted to go first (after suggesting that the time start at 9 instead of 8 - no takers on that from Speedy Feet {Jeff Coudron}). I must say as cold as it was, Goose didn't really complain. After Jeff took I headed back to the truck to get a pair of gloves. Rhino asked if I could help put air in his disc wheel (which I usually do for Jeff)- well I couldn't feel my fingers and I let the air out - Vince just smiled and said we are trying to put air in not out.
At one point I looked up to see Egg and then Diesel at the race. Good company for me during the wait periods.
I saw Jeff at the spot where Cows ended their TT and he looked good - granted it was only the 11 mile mark, but he looked "comfortable". After tagging Jeff Coudron it was stand around and wait just like the first riders. Then it was Rhino's turn. His projected time was on the mark. Once the three started riding together - Goose has funny one liners about what happened. I think the best is "Here is Vince riding with one hand and pushing me with the other". Vince kept the team together - pushing Goose to keep up with Coudron.
Although the outcome wasn't what they (at least Goose) wanted, the did get second place. Afterward Goose was looking for a personal part and Vince told him he had it in his hand pulling him along that last part of the loop :)
Thanks to Vince - this is the first TT Jeff has done and Vince took care of Jeff today. He enabled him to arrive alive and not give up!

Thanks to Egg and Diesel for coming and showing your support to Vince and Jeff - I know it meant a lot to them.
As usual, Speedy Feet another great event.






4 comments:

Noose and Goose said...

I will post my own comment - it is so much easier to follow Egg's blog on riding events. I usually can get by with saying "Read Egg's blow by blow" But not today.

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

GO GOOSE!!

Your post is great and for once, I'm glad I didn't ride. hehe Thanks for the the talk Noose.

VENGA!

Egg

Noose and Goose said...

Egg - glad we had time to chat. Looking forward to "picking" on Goose riding the trainer this winter!

Dobovedo said...

Good job Goose! (and Vince too)