Thursday, October 2, 2008

Commitment Made

Well I guess the commitment has been made --- I just booked reservations for us in Helen GA next April. Looking forward to it :) This year I want to make sure we have extra snacks/water for AJ and I to do a little "Trail Magic" on the Appalachian Trail Hike Through while everyone rides. We had a little extra to spare - this year I want to make sure we have more to leave behind. This if for the people hiking the 2200+ miles from GA to NJ. They have to carry their food and drinks and rely on people leaving stuff for them on the trails.

On another note, Jeff has his last Tri this Sunday and he is ready. He already has the "attitude" going. Just kidding - but he is ready. Cycling is great - no pain in the legs/back/butt for running. He is racing with someone that he raced many years ago at Milton. Rick got married and had children, sorta dropped from the scene for a few years but it looks like he is back.

Looking forward to Sunday, I am not sure if I am sad the season is over. Jeff started early this year with the trip to Helen (which is about 1 1/2 months earlier than usual for him).

The last official race is the TT with Rhino and Jeff Coudron. He is thinking about the Turkey Trot - that will be determined later on how his legs feel after Sunday (and they don't kill him on the TT!)

We have the schedule for next year, just need to mix it in with the Tri's to fill the schedule.

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

YEAH!!

I will make reservations this weekend.

Go Goose!!