Monday, December 14, 2009

Noose's Take On Tough Love

Egg showed up ready to roll - that was obvious :) Goose and I were fairly quiet - I honestly had forgotten what this DVD contained - I knew there was a "little" standing, which is my biggest downfall. Getting started, they was very little chatter better us - Egg was trying to keep things light - and he did a great job.

After the typical warm up it was time to get down to business. Oh Lord - it all came back to me - seated one minute - standing one minute. I counted slowly to myself, thinking if I could make it to 30 seconds and had to sit, that would be good. I was able to stay standing, thanks to Egg and Goose talking me through it.

Second set - shit - it was the same thing - seated 1 minute - standing 1 minute. Then I remember more - last year I didn't really stand - I stayed seated most of the time. This year - with DB A DB talk going on - I was not going to sit down unless I was dead (well, that was the idea anyway).

Egg got me on one set - he said no standing - Oh wait Coach Troy made the DVD - now it is time to stand again (yuck). I had to stop pedaling a couple of times - but I didn't sit down. One time I refused to stand - one time I sat the first 30 seconds and stood the last 30.

In the end - that was one hell of a ride. 3 hours of getting rid of demons (for Noose) - Goose rode better than he ever had before - Egg? He lost his chain. He talked us through the entire 3 hours - sometimes Goose and I could just nod at him. He didn't give up on us - Thanks!! The time went by really fast - after we had vittles and drinks. Once again, lots of laughs, plans for the future and no regrets for the past.

Thanks Goose and Egg - I couldn't have ridden the way I did without out your cheering me on.

Looking forward to January 1st - time for all of us to show up - get done - or shut up!