Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Circumstances

I am very positive with the circumstances of Highlander, Goose made a good decision of not going. With all the flats - add Goose into that - Egg would have been very busy. With the weather coming back - I am positive I am glad we didn't go. I still remember our return from Helen, we caught the front at one point and the after at another of a tornado. I know there were points that I wanted to pull over. I probably am over cautious when we travel with AJ, but I don't like high winds on or off the bike!

With that - Goose rode Sunday and ran into Mr and Mrs Helldawg out of the roads. He came home and said - great day to ride, wish you would have ridden with me (NOT!!!!!!) I saw the ind gusts and knew it would kill me today. I had trouble walking into the wind and knew it wouldn't happen for me. We are sorry everyone had flats, but glad it was a good trip for all.

Goose canoed with Rick Kitchen on Monday and said the Bellbrook river is a mess. Guess the plan is to keep the tri on track. Hopefully the river clears up before then.

I was going to ride today. I drove the rodes and saw the power lines down and trees still in the road on the back roads. I decided not to get myself in the way and picked up the never ending branches from our yard and to walk. I think we will be cleaning up the yard this time next year.

Great year - Goose has one more tri and the TT then it is time to scale back the training for a few weeks. Looking into new DVDs for this winter. Time to have more fun.

2 comments:

Bryan Hellard said...

Good seeing some other crazy guy out riding Sunday. I was doing fine until I almost got blown off the road about 5 times. Riding north on Peter's Pike back home was AWESOME though. 32 mph average on my road bike.

Noose and Goose said...

I personally questioned the mental stability of anyone riding that day (lol). Glad you enjoyed your tail wind.