Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Say It Really Is So

Well after reading Egg's blog, I must admit I was excited about Lance. Then I read Dobo's and thought shit. Well NOW YEAH:

"I am happy to announce that after talking with my children, my family and my closest friends, I have decided to return to professional cycling in order to raise awareness of the global cancer burden," the 36-year-old Armstrong said in a statement released to The Associated Press. "This year alone, nearly eight million people will die of cancer worldwide. ... It's now time to address cancer on a global level." In an exclusive interview with Vanity Fair, Armstrong told the magazine he's 100 percent sure he's going to compete in the Tour de France next summer. "I'm going back to professional cycling," he said in the story posted Tuesday on the magazine's Web site. "I'm going to try and win an eighth Tour de France."

Looks like a great Tour for 09 and who knows, maybe Tour De Georgia can be saved. That would be awesome to see him ride there.

Well ok, I have had my fix on spandex today.

No comments: