Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day

Yep - it definitely was a "labor" day. It started off with the door bell. I was sound asleep and it woke me up. First thought was "Oh shit - Jeff overslept". Nope he was already out of bed. Lazy me (and half asleep) yelled out the window and it was Viper (which I will call Vinnie Bear - courtesy of his best half!) Not long after that the green Big Tim taxi pulled and everyone loaded up and headed for Minister. Backing out Egg yelled he didn't know when they would have Goose home. Now that I was wide awake, I decided to get the errands done and then head out on my bike.

I couldn't decide which route I was doing. I had 2 really bad rides and 1 so-so earlier in the week. So I decided just to do the 16 mile. At the end of that route, I had found my legs and decided to go a little further. It got to the point either turn around and head home or it would be too late. So I decided just to do the loop again. As I turned on to Silver I clipped out of my pedals to stretch my very tired legs. Got to the stop sign and got a nice little honk from the Taxi - well crap - what to do? Of course -- clip shoes back in and try to go like hell. Told Craig "I would never ride that far again". He said take a shower and eat, then decide. We I did and I still said that. Today - well maybe I will go that far again :)

Jeff had a great ride, minus the flat. Hopefully Egg didn't get poison ivy. He was pleased with climbs (if ya want more details - Read Egg's blog). What really thrilled him was the pat on the back front Vince, all the coaching and encouragement he got from everyone. Got his belly filled with pasta and he was done for the night.

I think he is ready for Sunday - pray for no rain and a NO CHAIN DAY!

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

AWESOME JOB!!

Never say never. hehe Keep it up!!

Jeff's ready and he's riding better than ever!! YEAH!

Tee said...

Vinny Bear told me this story too.. Glad to hear you changed you mind!

I borrowed a picture of Vince for my blog, let me know if that isn't okay :)