Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dog Update

AJ and I decided to go on a picnic today, so we headed to Taylorsville Dam. There just happened to be an Animal Control Officer on her lunch. After she was done, I explained my situation to her. She said since the water made the dog more aggressive, do not use mace. I gave her the address and she said she would check it out. Just got a call from her. She said the farmer has a beautiful kennel for the 2 dogs - nicer than most homes she has been in. There was a younger gentleman there who works for the farmer (he wasn't there) and said yes the dog is a huge problem. He has chased a number of cyclists and witnessed what happened to me yesterday. He said the farmer has obsolutely no control of the dog. The Animal Control Officer left a warning and said she would do a follow-up. She gave me a card to carry with the number I needed to call if it happens again.

I hated to report the guy, sure I could make another route, but I do like this one. I am glad to hear it just isn't me. Jeff said he has riden that route many times and never had a dog come out after him. Oh well, I am not riding tonight, decided to walk to see if I can work out the "bug" in my hip, but I do plan on riding Friday.

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

People tend to think they can do what they want in the country and when something happens, they are not liable. hahaha

LEASH law!!!

Don't feel bad, what if a person was walking / running / cycling by and god forbid was severely injured or killed and you could have prevented it? YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!!

Dobovedo said...

What Craig said.

Next step... carry a gun and shoot the damn thing.

(I mean the farmer, not the dog)