Monday, February 2, 2009

Button Pushing Day

Sunday was the day to push Goose's buttons (so to speak). We knew what had to be done, had the DVD loaded and ready to go so when Egg got here so we could get started on a long day. As Egg said, we take 1 hour at a time, breaking it down like that doesn't make it seem like an eternity on the bike (and it does work - sometimes).

Goose had said he was a little "nervous" about the ride. With the snow, flu, etc he hadn't ridden all week. He ran on Saturday in the snow and actually had an excellent run. Of course I had to mention to Egg that he felt that way, knowing Egg would take it and run with it.

During the ride when Goose seemed like he might start to struggle, Egg knew what buttons to push and Goose was mentally able to get through it. I knew within the first hour that standing every other minute was not a good idea for me, so I decided to sit most of the time (makes for a sore butt!).

Of course Egg rode as strong as ever, had the extra energy to push Goose and I through the difficult loooong internals. Goose rode stronger than he has in the past (and he actually has more time/miles in for January that he usually has the entire Jan-Mar time frame).

Goose mentioned at the 35 minute mark that it was the longest time left. Egg beefed up his button pushing and was able to make the time pass very quickly. The last 3 minutes Egg decided to ignore Coach Troy and make up his own interval - with everyone finishing really strong and with the feeling of accomplishment.

PoPo Juice and Rut Beers followed with conversation about the upcoming year. Plans are being finalized for Helen, looks like all the new routes are almost set in stone --- Now we just need spring to get here (soon!).

I can say that Tough Love has been safely tucked away until next year. After all, I don't want to wear it out!

3 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Great job Team G & N!! Thanks for motivating me to attack this year as ferociously as ever. :)

Amen to packing T.L. away until next year. hehe After 2 Hardcore 100's and 2 Tough Love's this year, I can 100% say, Tough Love is more difficult than the Hardcore 100. It's all perception if you don't do the workouts as they are intended as some out there have done, it's all for not. LOL

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Noose and Goose said...

This is going to be a GREAT year - especially if it continues on the same course. You asked me yesterday how I was doing and I told you quitting is not an option!-
Thanks for all the help (don't see how we motivate you - but you are welcome)

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Oh you guys lit the match for sure. I thrive on seeing people infected with the sport the way it it's meant to be enjoyed. You and Jeff certainly are " NUTZ." :)

I certainly feel appreciated and just hearing thanks every once in a while goes a long way. It's a symbiotic relationship and I thank you guys for all your hard work.

Egglien Training Systems is a fresh start and my clients are doing well!! What a year already. :)

Keep it up!!

:)