Saturday, April 18, 2009

Friday Fun

Wow is all I can say. It was warm and BEAUTIFUL. I was the classroom aide for AJ's class and met a little friend of his and the grandmother for lunch. Let the kids play and what a delightful lady to talk to. I headed home to ride. Must admit I was a tad nervous riding outside the first time. You always remember where you were at the end of the year and pray you didn't lose much over the winter months. The air smelled wonderful, the sun was warm and just a "tad" of my friend from the SW. I had such a wonderful time out doors. I am happy with where I am starting this year year. I did take my easier route with no intention of adding in Neal Pearson. Got to my cut off point and I was still feeling fairly good so decided to put Neal Pearson in. Fun :)

Goose headed out for a Friday night ride with the guys (since he was not feeling well Wed). He came home saying the Friday course is tough (if it were easy, everybody would be doing it). He was pleased with the ride. He had a hard run down south with his group Thur, and was happy with his legs on Friday. I am told the hammer was put down in Neal Pearson by a couple of guys ! Sounds like everyone had a good ride. Glad Goose stuck around for the "small" talk and grins after the ride. This riding group has really meshed together this year, nothing but positive feedback from everyone. Looks like most of the group (if not all) will be heading to Asheville this summer (including the N & G team)

The week starts the first pre-race rituals. Goose's first official race is Sunday, April 26. I am glad everyone was able to move the time for Helen to the first of the month. Goose was signed up and ready to race on the 26th and he needed the time in the mountains.

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

GREAT DAY FOR TEAM G & N FOR SURE!! The Goose is ready for next week and I'm happy he's found such a great teammate this year.

Amen on all the other stuff Noose. It's all laid out in the photo's baby!! THE BEST EVIDENCE!! :)

WHAT A YEAR!!

Noose and Goose said...

We just got home from them Bellbrook - canoe and run went excellent. You are keeping him good to go on the bike.

As you said, nothing but grins and team work in the photos!