Friday, April 24, 2009

Weekend Fun

Today started Noose's official weekend. AJ had Kindergarten screening, with mandatory parental attendance, so I had and extra day off. And, he passed with flying colors, so officially he enters school in September.

Couldn't decide what time I was going to ride. Watched radar/temps/wind and decided it wasn't going to change so I headed out early. My friend joined me today for my ride. Wasn't sure which route I was going to take - but since my friend evidently missed the Class Cow Riding 101, I ended up opting for my shorter route. My friend really needs to learn proper riding procedures - Rule 1 - the wind can not be in your face the entire ride. 2. It is not nice to continue to blow you off the side of the road. 3. It really isn't nice to tempt a rider with an ever so slight tail wind and decide to shift and hit you full in the face and almost bring you to a full stop.

Goose's back is feeling a little better today. Lots of stretching, gentle massages I think have helped. He is going out tonight for an e asy spin to see if he needs to make any adjustments in riding for Sunday's race. Him and his partner are ready. River will be down this year, which actually is better for them. His partner is a plow machine in front and has always given Goose everything he has to offer on that day.

Looks like a good group for the TT Saturday morning. Sorry we have to miss it. Hope you guys have a fun/safe TT. Just remember - Ain't nobody gonna beat Eggie :P

This is the weekend that had originally been planned for GA. This is hind sight, but I am glad we had to switch to the first of April. I couldn't/wouldn't ride the GA mountains and I would really be mad if we headed this weekend and miss the excellent weather that Ohio has to offer! I can ride here!

2 comments:

Noose and Goose said...

Now my friend get a clue - looks like no wind for tonight's ride ----- not fair!

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Go Goose