Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lessons In Life

Let me start by saying this is a female point of view. Jeff and I have been so fortunate in life to meet the neatest people through his racing, cycling, running. So many have made life long impressions in our lives. Being older than most that have stuck around, we tend to take people at a good honest value. Sometimes people shock you, they aren't what you think they are or what the portray.

Jeff and I try very hard to stay neutral in most situations. Sometimes people put you in the situation that you must decide what road you will take. Something that neither one of likes to do. Then looking over past adventures, you decide, what the hell, try one more time to let people know you aren't making a choose, there is room for everyone. You extend your hand in peace. Disappointingly it is either ignored or or viewed that you aren't worthy. Jeff gets over things easily saying they weren't a true friend. Me? I don't accept that. I wonder what the hell did we do, what can I do to fix it.

Maybe it is my age, not sure. But today my feeling is - you lost - you had 2 people who really cared for your happiness and you either thought you were too good for us, either you have moved on and don't have the guts to say so OR you really didn't like us to begin with. Yep ---- You got it ----- MAMMA HAS THE DRAMA TONIGHT! And she really doesn't give a shit.

I have people who really care about us, not just the cycling end of it. We are thrilled to have the support of so many cyclist, some that we don't see often, nor do we talk to them often. But, when we do, it is like a minute hasn't passed and we start where things left off. You know who you are -- and like Jeff has said many times, you can count your true friends on one hand.

Done with the drama - I give up!

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

We all miss that Lil' guy. You guys did nothing but support and wish him well as everyone else did. We're all wondering what happened but Ya got to move on.

I will always be thankul for his help during my tough times and I can't wait to mail him something next month. :)

It's all voluntary and when people don't like what we're about,It's time for them to move on. Emotions run high but it's better to wish well and stay focused on the personal challenge and goals.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK TEAM G & N!