Saturday, June 21, 2008

Beautiful Day

Saturday morning/afternoon was a beautiful day. Unfortunately Goose is still under the weather with a cold/allergies. Very unusual for him - usually it is me that is sick. Changed drugs and they seem to be working better.

I had planned on riding this morning. Goose talked be into adding another small climb with incline most of the road. Headed out with NW winds - yuck - much prefer SW. I decided early on to just make it thru the ride. I hit Peters with more wind than I preferred after riding this week. Thought I would make a decision on continuing at the halfway point - after all if I turned around I would have one heck of a tail wind. Nope, decided to keep going. Actually didn't have to use my inhaler at the point I usually do - was happy with that with the air feeling heavy. Made my first "climb" really well (for me) and got back into the wind on Karns. (but had record speed for me) Hit Garland, the road I hate, and got a nice little tail wind and was at the farm house before I knew it and ready to turn onto Frederick. Decision time, do I take the new route with the added climb, or call it a day and turn home. Nope took the new way. Climb wasn't that bad it was just the continued include after it. Added a mile or so to the route, still stayed within the time I usually do the other. So I am happy with my ride and glad I am done.

Goose worked today and had to make a "sales" call after work. He decided to get in the water another day - no running with the congestion. Looks like if he rides Sunday, it will be alone. He knows what 62 miles would do to him and with racing next Sunday he needs to shake what ever he has.

No comments: