Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday

Did you ever have a bad day? While there will be no whine here (even though I think I have just cause) - I might complain a little. Noose got a late start riding (should have know something would happen). My friend was giving me some pushes back on Peters - put my head down and just kept going. Turned on to Dog Leg, not much better but actually was beating my record on that road, turned on to Jackson and my cell rings. I answer with a quick "I'm riding and will call you back" and put cell back into my pocket. Lots of big trucks today, very unusual for Jackson. After a short wait on cars to turn onto Frederick, got back into the groove with the turn onto Martindale. Kley (my favorite road) hit an all time high for MPH and then had to stop at the stop sign - that sucked. I had no momentum for my dreaded climb, but got through it really well - hit Karns with cement trucks coming and going -- they were actually easy to ride with - they gave me some room which I appreciated. Had to stop at Frederick Garland (which is the road I HATE) and climbed it slower than I wanted. Finally hit Troy Frederick which I actually road really well. - I raced the person with me (my shadow - ok I got a little bored by myself) and unfortunately the other person won. I had an excellent ride - got home to empty out my pockets and I lost my Driver's License when I pulled out my phone. I headed back to Jackson immediately to look (it hadn't been that long). I call Jeff on the way really pissed off that it happened. We decided that we would meet on that road and walk it and look in the ditch. Problem is, I didn't take off my bike shoes - that sucked and the bigger part is we didn't find my license. Now I get to deal with getting a new one (especially since I can't find my SS card).

I felt bad - Goose really didn't get to do what he wanted - he ran really hard last night - his legs were feeling the repeats/heat so he decided just to get in the water to work some of the kinks out. I know - not much on him tonight and many don't care about my adventures but, I needed to vent because I was (am) mad at myself for being so dumb.

Oh well - tomorrow is another day - not sure what Goose has planned but he is off on Friday (yeah).

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Bummer Noose. Try a plastic bag for Phone, D.L. etc if you don't have a seat pack.

SMILE!!

Noose and Goose said...

Now ya tell me (hehe). No seat pack - but no more D.L. either. Will get something laminated to carry - tried to get a new one today - gotta go to SS to get a replacement card first and then a D.L. What a circus!!

Sad part was I really had a geat ride (except for my shadow beating me!)