Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Fun Time

Goose and I went to Mass this morning and was very surprised to see Crilli with his family. Afterwards, small talk, pokes and jabs, advice given, we headed home. Goose had already decided he was going out for 30 miles and try out his legs and cold/allergy status. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Goose and Crilli thought it would be good to go out and just "spin" the legs out.

Goose headed out in sunny skies, I decided to stretch out first and see how my legs felt. After a 30 minute stretch I decided to go out and just spin (slow). Decided to stay flat and wondered through the back roads to Troy Frederick and guess who was waiting on me - Goose. Remember I said slow, spin - that wasn't his idea for me. I hung for a while on his wheel but finally told him to go on home. Luckily he didn't (he was playing Egg today) and coached me home. I am glad he stayed with me.

After I asked how he felt. He said he just tested the climbs and his legs. Except for just soreness in the calf, said he felt really good. I'm not going to post his plans for the week, because when I do, something happens and he can't do what he wants. So lets hope that the weather holds out in the evenings and he can do what he wants.

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

We miss ya Goose. Rest up and race well Saturday.

Go Noose!!