Sunday, June 1, 2008

Odd Sunday

Today started out off for us today. Goose got a call to go into work, it is his weekend, so he had to go. Legbreaker weekend - he is off - lots of roads to ride and a band to watch (yeah!).



After he took care of business, he headed out to ride. Not sure where, but he saw Big Tim, his wife and others. They had ridden from Brookville, training for their CA ride. Goose wanted to do some climbing today, and did. When he finished he made a comment that he felt better climbing this year (could it be some people know what they are talking about? - hehe). The trips we have taken for him to climb has really worked this year. The legs are getting there and it sounds like mentally his brain is getting there also. That was really good to hear.



Me? I headed out on my usual ride. I was able to carry higher MPH on some of the roads I struggle with. Decided I would give in and use my inhaler since it was a little humid. Gotta practice taking the cap off, exhaling and then holding my breathe (I ended up just stopping to use it, which worked much better). The road I struggle on, was much easier today (did the inhaler help?). Unfortunately, using it raises my heart rate much more than I like. But, I am finding each day, my struggles are getting a little easier. Maybe in 10 years I can finally said I almost mastered a course!.

Sounds like I might have a copilot for next Saturday. At least I won't get lost!!!!

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

KEEP IT UP Noose!! Climb on Goose.

As for a co - pilot, i doubt Fred will show. If he does, you won't get lost. hahaha

I'll give you turn by turn directions with mileage markers too. YEAH!!

Thanks Noose!!

Noose and Goose said...

Looking forward to it (Saturday). Sorry it didn't work out for Goose today. We watched on TV the end of the cycling race today. Awesome. I hope Emily and Mommy can make it out on Saturday. It will be fun!!