Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Character Building Day

Goose is still recovering from the calf pull/bruise. He knew he was going to get in the water one more day before heading out on his bike Thurs. After getting his wheel fixed, I thought I would head out - wrong - showers set in so I thought I would wait until they passed. They did, I got changed and oh wait, showers again. So I did what I didn't want to and watch the radar. I didn't check wind speed because I knew I would talk myself out of riding. I finally got to head out into NW winds. I reached my half way point and had to decided if I wanted to turn around and get a good push home or continue on my adventure in the head/crosswinds. I decided to build some character today and finish the ride. Apparently I need more character than I wanted, lots of wind and what I thought was a long time on the bike. All said and done, it didn't take me as long as it felt, the MPH average I am really happy with. Frederick Garland actually went really well - not sure if the wind was pushing or if it finally died down on that road. On Michaels Rd coming home - I actually pasted another bike (and no it wasn't a child - it was a young lady also struggleing in the wind) Fun day on the roads for me.

Hopefully Goose can get out tomorrow and get some good miles in.

OH - I just watched Egg's video with Guru - I needed a chuckle - nice trip Guru!

6 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Was that your first catch Noose? The wind was tough today, You earned some headwind points today!! Yeah!

Heal up Goose ' cause U R gettin' a character Builder!! hehe

Noose and Goose said...

Yep and that was fun passing her. Goose had a good day in the water, said his calf was feeling much better. He will be ready for a pain train character builder.

Dobovedo said...

Ain't nothin' but ego! Go get 'em!

Noose and Goose said...

If it is - I want more!

Brian said...

Noose...don't leave me hangin'? Was she hot???

Awesome riding in the wind. Keep it up!

Get well quick Goose! We've got bikes to ride!

Noose and Goose said...

Well. lots of ways to answer that - no it was kinda cool that day, so she didn't appear to be hot -- or gee I passed her so fast I didn't have time to look -- but then there is the truth - she was cute, looks like she could use some one-on-one instruction. Down side, no helmet, tunes in the ears and not listening to traffic.

Glad to "see" you are back in the area again.

Goose taking drugs to get rid of the congestion, leg is much better.