Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our Boring Day

Today was a Ramble day and Goose decided to run in the water. More rehab on the knee - and today was better. Seems like the old pains are back as the main "pains" - which actually is good. He still has bruising and open sores - but he can walk somewhat normal (for him - lol). Me - first thought about taking my bike off the trainer and riding outside, but decided I was not comfortable with that yet. So I walked almost 5 miles and rode the trainer. Now I understand what Jeff has said about the trainer - only when necessary. The outdoors is so much nicer, the trainer can be boring when you know the weather is nice.

I have decided that next year I will take the trainers outside, face them into the wind and ride Tough Love - them maybe I will be ready to ride outside and think that wind is my friend.

Checked the weather forecast for Helen in 15 days - it is looking good at this point. It really is time to get out of Dodge!

2 comments:

Brian said...

Carla - I used to hate Egg when he would always say "the wind is your friend." It took me a while, but I can deal with headwinds most the time now. Keep working hard and you'll get there!

Gooses - Find better/safer trails to run on. Doctor's orders!

Noose and Goose said...

I know eventually it will come. I think once I get more comfortable on the road (watching traffic - corners - gravel) I will be able to focus on riding "with" the wind. Goose is sticking to the water when it is muddy! Or atleast safer trails.