Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunday Ride

Sunday started out a little slow for us. Goose is normally up at 7 - today he rolled out of bed at 9! Obviously he was really tired or he would not have slept that long. Since we were riding in the morning - time was short.

Craig agreed to come up and ride with us on Sunday. As usual, the main topic of discussion was the weather - would it be warm enough - would the rain hold off so they could steal a ride - for me, would the winds be light enough to not defeat myself. Well, I can say the weather was a little overcast, rain at times, no wind and a great ride!

Craig led us off with a nice long climb, small talk along the way (ok lots of talk for me) - pace was nice for about 20 minutes. THEN the follers (not rollers, but similar) hit. Craig kept us going with his great coaching and encouragement. After the second follor Goose developed cramps - only thing we can think is he didn't let his breakfast settle. Goose has to cut his ride short leaving Craig and I the last 2 follors. Making it through them I knew we had sprints to finish. Craig rode easy through 3 of them and the last one - it was like a sling shot - he was gone. Only thing I could do was yell A@@hole!

When we were done, Craig had a little time before he needed to be home. We shared laughs, R.B. for Craig and talked about the trip. I think everyone is tired of this weather and looking for a place that might promise sunshine and riding.

OK - so maybe the ride was exactly as I saw it. It was crappy outside, but there was no rain, wind or cold in our Family Room. I have learned if I daydream riding the trainer it doesn't make it seem so boring.

But we did have fun riding Hillacious (and I call them follers not rollers on the trainer) ---- and hopefully all DVDs will be retired until winter.

Thanks for the help Craig.

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

LOL...........WE made a crappy day fun. WE STOLE IT!

We are all looking forward to Helen. Jeff will need the encouragement on the climbs Noose so we're glad you're the perky car!! hehe

KEEP IT UP!!

Noose and Goose said...

I hope I can catch on camera the faces of everyone riding. I am excited to watch the different styles of riding/climbing. As you said Sunday - it isn't the speed - it is the accomplishment of a mountain climbed!