Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Fun

After Goose's tri day yesterday I was a little concerned over him riding today. After much debate (on my part) we decided to head out on his 17 mile venture. It has been a LONG time since I have been on the road, the trainer and I have become best friends. Heading out of out plat I knew I was in trouble. It didn't matter which direction we were headed -- nothing but head wind (well at least that is what I am calling it as this point).

Goose''s knee didn't seem to really both him seated (of course it was like he was sitting still riding with me!) I felt fairly comfortable, I tried to remember all the tips everyone gave through the winter. I felt fairly smooth, tried to keep my shoulders and arms loose and not grip the handle bars AND try to take a drink of water! There were times we were going 22 mph and other times 10. I finally just got down in my drops and decided the faster we ride - the sooner I get done.

Goose seems to be walking better now, still has swelling and pain, which will take a couple of days to go away. Me - had a blast - can't wait until the next time I can ride. Just learned a couple of very valuable lessons today with my asthma and will know what to do next time. But I am going on record - I HATE WIND!

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Crilli used to hate the wind too but just remember, THE WIND IS YOUR FRIEND! "

Great job Carla. The weather is warmer adn Jeff should be feeling back to his old self. It's all mental Jeff.

Noose and Goose said...

If you say so!! I know the wind is mental, I was just hoping for an easy opening day.

Goose's knee is still a little swollen, the scraps are healing well. Hopefully it will be back to normal in a few days.