Thursday, May 7, 2009

Character Building Day

With fog this morning Noose opted for an afternoon ride. After a long walk with AJ piggy back for most I headed out for my ride. Knew the wind would be in my face most of the way, but also knew I would have a "tail" wind on Fred Pike and Michaels (not like I would know what that felt like!) Slow going out, flew on Jackson then headed to Fred Pike (which I set an all time record speed and had to use my breaks going down hill - wind was just too strong) to Fred Garland to pick up one of my new fav roads - Antioch. Back to Fred Pk to Fred Gingham. Once I hit Troy Fred it didn't feel anything but had no trouble making my wheels go ---- must have FINALLY been a tailwind. On to Michaels - no wind and home. Wow - loved the ride today.

Goose came home to ride. He agreed that he felt the wind going out but road through it. He saw Helldawg finishing up his "time trial" ride and said he looked good. I think tonight was a "get through it" ride for him. He average speed was good, but I think he just wanted it over.

Friday night looks good. Hopefully I can get out in the afternoon and Goose can get out after work.

1 comment:

Bryan Hellard said...

I saw you both today on Peters Pike.

I was driving south when I passed Noose and riding north when I passed Goose.

You were both riding that road in the wrong direction! haha