Sunday, May 10, 2009

Delightful Mother's Day

The "day" started out at midnight when I was trying to figure out the Map My Ride map. I learned last year that you can't always count on it to mention all the roads involved (or all the names assigned to a single road).

This morning when we got up Goose piped in that "We don't have to do this ride if you don't want too). Not allowing excuses I said "nope I spent hours on that damn map and you are doing it!"

So we headed to Tim's house on a beautiful day. The sky was a fantastic blue with a few white clouds. Egg pulled in a little after we did (after he had shown some love to his Mom this morning). A little bit of BS shared - the normal pre-ride picture and it was to time head the heard up and head'em out.I would love to give you a blow-by-blow explanation of each road - but I can't. I just know the road went up (a lot) and down (very little). All Three Amigos (or as some negative people would love to call them - the Three Stooges) shared the love today. Each did their assigned parts, Egg had some awesome LONG pulls. One one road, after 6 miles of nothing but up hill, he pulled off the best TT ever. I was amazed at the power he had to help pull both guys along and then flat out put the hammer down. That was after about 51 miles and they regrouped at a stop sign. Luckily everyone (car drivers) were in an extra good mood today and we were able to wave them past us as the guys refueled.

Back at the Big Tim home, Doreen had made snacks for everyone - we we really appreciated. It was fun to sit and chat for awhile, Goose and I have never really had the opportunity to talk to Doreen. We also found out that Tim has had his hands full this week - his dad has been ill. Hope he feels better soon!

Egg, Goose and I head out for my Mother's Day meal (my choice) - Classic Pizza!! We had time to sit and talk, solve the problems of the cycling world, and relax. Thanks Egg for dinner (jack ass).

All I can say - I had so much fun today. I turned up the tunes in the car, followed when I thought I might get lost, was able to pull ahead for pictures - I shared the day with people who are friends/family. What more could I ask for?

I will collect my thoughts and pictures for more tomorrow (and hopefully no spelling errors tomorrow!)

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Great job Goose. Awesome ride. Thanks, AS USUAL, Noose for all your help. Today was a great day and what a year!!

KEEP IT UP G & N!!