Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday CB Day

After a hard week of training for Goose - great Delight ride Wed - Joe W. worked his legs really hard running on Thur - fun Friday ride with trash talk - good run on Saturday - what to do on Sunday? Character Builder Day!!!!

Egg came up to take Goose out (after his trash talking). I asked where they were riding, just got a huge grin from Egg, I knew he was going to work Goose really hard today. They headed east and north over some of the old roads they have ridden in the past. The stopped at Mad Cow's house, but no answer :(. I think Egg would really like to see Keith, maybe one day when he is ready it will happen.

Egg made Goose work really hard today - pulling, standing, sprinting for signs, etc. I will only admit here, but at the end, you were cruel! Taking him through Springhill subdivision and heading him out onto Evanston right at the climb. Goose started to get out of the saddle, but the ride had done what it was suppose to do - fry his legs - no more standing! This will make him stronger for the up coming Triathlons. Good job guys.

I headed out after they left. Started on my old route trying to decide if I was going to add in Evanston at the end. Surprisingly enough, after Antioch and Neal Pearson climbs, I hit Peters and felt "decent". So instead of turning on Michaels I went on down to Evanston Rd. Got to the cross road of 25A and decided to go for it. Heading east wasn't that bad. Road up through town to give my legs a rest and then headed home west on Evanston. I prayed that Goose and Egg wouldn't blow past me. I did struggle up over the interstate but I didn't stop. Got home with a total of 30.68 miles for the day. That is a record for me.

As Egg keeps reminding us, Asheville really isn't that far away. They plan on getting up up a climb before anybody gets there, which has been a goal for me. I know, you season riders, what is the big deal? OK, I am a "little" older than most of the male riders and I have only been riding for 2 good years. So I am a little skeptical. I know Goose and Egg wouldn't do anything to discourage me, so I am just leaving it up to them (God am I insane?)

This has been a good training week for Goose and Noose. Looking forward to this next week.

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Way to go Noose. Glad you are enjoying the open road!! :)

ATTACK!!

Goose rode great and we had fun riding the old Cow roads of Jay's Climb and of course, THE COWHILL!!

:)