Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sidney Triathlon

The day started out wet/rain off and on/a little humid. I don't like the idea of Goose riding on wet roads (and yes he did get his bling wet/dirty!). For the canoe portion I know you want the river fast but I heard (once again) so many people saying "Now what do I do" in the canoe. It is amazing the people that just show up and haven't a clue on what to do in a canoe -- I think this is dangerous for the other teams. On the bank I had a excellent view, some went down backwards and two T-bones.

Goose and his partner had really no problems. Rick knows how to read the river and loves to plow with Goose. I made my way back to the transition area to watch the runners come in and get their bikes. Goose looks like he is dying here, but he said he wasn't. He said he had a good run (for an old guy).
I was surprised that he actually had a short transition time and headed out of the park looking pretty good. Guess the time spent in the mountains and good hill climbs here have really helped him.

The results really came as no surprise Coudron/Barker were on fire. They both looked good and won hands down. Goose and Rick came in second with no other teams in sight. They had a good solid second place. Of course everyone wants to win, but if the only team that beat them is Coudron/Barker, I think everyone was happy.
Goose and Rick talked afterwards and both agreed that they were in better shape than Bellbrook. Next big race for Goose in Milton.
Sunday Goose is going for a short recovery ride and then off to AJ's birthday party.