Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday Morning and Evening Delight

Well, since I rode this morning, I will start with me. Better than yesterday! Fun times.

Tonight it was the Goose, Egg, Big Tim, Mtdhd, T-bolt and Helldawg show. Beautiful skies, mild winds, warm weather. Goose and I were early and waited on others to get there. They headed out and I waited on Dog Leg Rd to get a few pictures. Early in the ride and everyone was all smiles. I had the route but on Karns I had to cut off and make a, well, pit stop. Since I know those roads I headed over to Rt 55 to wait on them. I get a call from Egg wanting to know if I was lost (which I do often!) - nope just pit stop for me. Since they were just heading my way I decided to just sit and wait. Behold - Big Tim and Goose were in the breakaway! First thought was hope Goose doesn't blow up - long way to ride by yourself! They flew to Rt 48 and then to Horseshoe Bend. Found my hiding place near the top and was shocked, Goose was still in the thick of things - up front. After a regroup on Greenlee it was game on again. My next stop was mid way on Iddings, Goose was STILL there! I headed over to Antioch and damn if he still wasn't near the front again. I was happy he was showing little signs of fatigue - don't confuse that with his geese calls - they were abundant at places. The next character builder was Meeker, he once again was on the front. My original plan was to head home after this, but I headed back to the start to meet this guy riding the Goose bike.

Needless to say, Goose had a good ride tonight - thanks to everyone cheering him on and pushing him past his points. Nice group tonight, everybody worked together, riders took their turn helping others to bridge back up to the group - TEAM WORK!

I think Geritol would be be pleased with the older guys tonight!

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

GOOSE KICKED ASS!! T-bolt on his new ride is amazing too.

I wouldn't trade these guys for anything. I seem to remember hearing a few former & " younger" teammates say that we wouldn't be able to ride fast. YEAH RIGHT. 24.1 mph avg with steeper hills and 40mile route. Oh yeah, 3 guys in their 50's too? hahaha AWESOME!!

This just reinforces what it's all about. TEAMWORK! Thanks for the photo's and perkying!!

WHAT A YEAR!

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Keep up the riding Noose. AWESOME!