Friday, May 8, 2009

Special Days

This may not settle well with some, but this is how Noose feels. Special days - Mother's Day, Father's Day, Sweetest Day, Valentines Day, Grandparents' Day - should be every day ---- not just one day a year. You only have one birthday, anniversary and day you die, so yep those are special. But other than those, why take one day and treat your special person extra special on that particular day? You should treat that person special everyday!

I had a few odd looks today when I mentioned that Jeff was riding 80+ miles on Sunday and I was sagging. But that is Mother's Day! Nope everyday is Mother's Day! I am lucky to have a daughter that loves me, a grandson that thinks I walk on water (please nobody tell him different) and a husband that is my best friend and loves me. What more could a person ask for. We are spending Saturday evening with family and we will enjoy every minute of it. So, I have decided that a day that somebody has said to honor your mother, I will spend it with my best friend and people that we also consider "family".

2 comments:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

amen! It's going to be a good ride!!

Noose and Goose said...

Sunday should be lots of fun - question is - did T-Bolt get his kitchen pass :). Funny emails between us on Friday!