Saturday, May 24, 2008

F $% cked Saturday

Well, today started off OK then went to hell in a minute. The big thing today was setting up AJ's double bed - he has outgrown his toddler bed and needed more room. Andrew's Mom and Dad bought new boxspring and mattress and wanted AJ to have their old one which meant a trip to Sidney. Not a big deal. Jeff called when they were in Troy and I met them at the house to help set it up. Well, no metal frame to attach to the headboard. Two choices, buy one or go back to Sidney to get the one attached to their old bed. Andrew decided to go back to Sidney to get it and Jeff came home to ride. Well, Jeff rode a short ride and the frame would not work on AJ's bed (their bed was too old). Parts purchased and Andrew came home. The sheets were labeled Full and when they tried to put them on the label read Twin - so they didn't fit.

I walked this morning and mowed. I wanted to get 1 of my flower beds cleaned out today. Which went ok. I was excited with the mail carrier finally brought my book that I had ordered 2 weeks ago about cycling. I got a "free" book and decided to read it. Well I could skip the first 4 chapters (no I don't plan on training while pregnant). Next chapter wasn't bad - fitting your bike - well I have already decided that I would have Egg and Crilli check my position - Jeff thought they would know if something didn't fit. Next chapter I learned that I could develop "crotchitist". That is why I bought the damn book - to find out how to help that - not for somebody to tell me that would happen. Needless to say, with that I put the book away.

Even though I only have guys to watch ride, I have learned a lot from them. I will learn how to adapt their style to mine.

Lesson learned - save my money - take advice from Jeff and some of the cows and be done with it.

No comments: