Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2

Wasn't sure what day two would bring. Surprised that I could walk with no pain except the left knee (which is everyday). Goose said he could feel a "little" in his legs, but after his water workout - all is good. A good spin Sunday with Egg will work out the junk.

I have to say New Years Day was fun. Goose and I were a bit nervous - knew it would be 5+ hours of hard saddle time. Mark (Red Dog) actually was at the house first - ready to roll. I did my best to talk him into 4 hours - but gotta remember Buckeyes are very dear to him and no way was he riding that long. Plus, his saddle time has been very little.

Egg arrived next, he usual chipper/motivating self. Full of pep talks for everyone while setting up. He brought his tripod to get a picture of everyone (where is Mthd when ya really need him?) We moved furniture in anticipating of Chuck (TKO), Big Tim and maybe T-Bolt.

Chuck arrived next sporting his new trainer. I guess I don't remember his trainer from last year (must have been the medication I was on!). He sat up in his usual space, next to the fireplace, except this we didn't burn a fire the night before! He also appeared to be very motivated. He has changed his hours back to 5 days instead of 4, which allow him more time to ride.

Egg missed a call from Big Tim so Chuck called him back. Big Tim was under the weather and opted out for the fun ride. We missed his one-liners that definitely crack everyone up.

Egg got a text message from T-Bolt - he couldn't make it - but made up for it by sending text messages during the ride and we talked to him afterward (sorry Howard, I was a blubbering idiot - I was tried and probably didn't make any sense).

The ride? It ROCKED!! There were times I would just stare at the floor - I was "talking" to myself - giving myself valid reasons to continue - ride as hard as I could (plus staring at another woman's breast didn't really interest me) It was difficult, the last hour was really ramped up - I think Coach Troy was trying to kill everyone. Egg started giving us the mileage count down - the last couple of miles I wanted to yell "PEDAL FASTER DAMN IT", I just wanted it over. We didn't quit (well, that wasn't even an option).

The next great adventure - January 17th - Tough Love - celebrating me (Noose) holding off another year of getting older. Let's see who is up for that one!

No comments: